gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I have a Ruud heat pump ( ) Two story house, two units outside,

Customer Question

I have a Ruud heat pump (?) Two story house, two units outside, some kind of unit thing in the attic and another under the house. Just had two Hunter touch screens installed. The one upstairs is working fine, downstairs it says "heat running" but nothing is coming out. When first installed...it worked. However the amount of air coming out was small in compared to the upstairs so my friend thought he wired it wrong. He shut off the power, rewired it several different times. In doing so the air pressure increased but there was only cold air, so he put it back as it was when he started....now nothing.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 3 years ago.
Whate brand of hunter tstat and is the a Rheem heat pump or furnace.Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hunter thermostat model 44860 and the units sitting outside say RUUD Heat pump.
The wirng on the themosta is it is code is Red to RC with jumper RH,,Yellow to Y green to G White to W2 or aux with jumper to E Bterminal is reversing Valve blue goes here. Brown goes to C terminal if you have one. Any more questions before you fire it up let me know. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>red: Rc/R with a jumper to Rh</p><p>green:G</p><p>white: W1</p><p>yellow: Y1</p><p>tan: C</p><p>blue: B</p><p>This is how it was wired originally when it did work but had little air flow. This is how my friend put it back but now there's nothing. There never was a jumper from W2 to E.</p>
If you did not turn power off to air handler you might have blown a fuse or worse a transformer. Do you have a voltmeter to check voltage. I need model number of air handler to pull manual. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I do not. I think I need to call a repair guy because I know nothing about these things. Thanks for your time Russ.

You do ask the right questions but sometmes we can only go so far. In the future always turn power off to furnace or air handler when changing thermostat. Good Luck and thanks for letting me assist. Russ