Matthew
Matthew, HVAC Technician
Experience:  14 years experience in the HVAC field of service, installation, Manual J & D calculations
6927568

THE INDUCER ASSEMBLY ON MY RHEEM CLASSIC 90 FURNACE WAS DAMAGED

Customer Question

THE INDUCER ASSEMBLY ON MY RHEEM CLASSIC 90 FURNACE WAS DAMAGED (BLADES BROKEN). IT SAYS FASCO SWIRLWIND HIGH PERFORMANCE BLOWER nO 7062-3661 TYPE U6281 ON THE UNIT.
I AM LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT PART (MOTOR & BLOWER). WHERE CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT PART AND ABOUT HOW MUCH SHOULD IT COST.
PLEASE ADVISE ME
THANKS
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Matthew replied 3 years ago.

Matthew :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you today.

Matthew :

Give me the model number of the furnace please.

Matthew :

It will be located inside the furnace on a data plate.

Customer :

THE FURNACE IS A RHEEM CLASSIC 90 CIRCA INSTALLED ABOUT 1999

Matthew :

I need the actual model number to look up the parts that are in it. classic 90's is a series name that has been around for 15-20 years there are many different models.

Matthew :

It will be an RGXX- number

Customer :

I WILL GO LOOK AT THE DTA PLATE AND BE RIGHT BACK

Customer :

THE MODEL NO. IS RGRJ-07EMAES

Matthew :

There ya go

Customer :

ARE YOU SAYING I SHOULD GO TO THAT LINK ?

Matthew :

Yeah it has tons of venders and people selling that motor it is part number 70-24033-01

Customer :

THE BLOWER MOTER ASSEMBLY HAS PART NO 7062-3661 TYPE U6281 ON IT

Matthew :

70-24033-01 is the Rheem part number and is the only way you will be able to lookup a replacement part the fasco number isn't going to pull up anything.

Matthew :

It is the exact manufacture replacement for your furnace.

Customer :

YOU SAY THIS WILL FIT AND BE THE PROPER REPLACEMENT PART ? IT'S ONLY $172 PLUS SHIPPING. THE TECHNICIAN WHO CAME HERE WANTED MORE THAN $1000

Matthew :

I am 100% sure this motor is right yes. We (hvac companies mark up parts about 1.5) so sold to you from a hvac person this motor would be around $425 plus service call $85 plus1/4-1/2 labor at $85 an hour so it would cost around 552. 1,000 in my personal opinion is very high if all he is changing is the inducer motor. Sounds to me like he is trying to sell you a new furnace by pricing the repair so high.

Matthew :

The mark up on parts is where we make our profit and cover our overhead.

Matthew :

But $1,000 is ridiculous.

Customer :

DOES THIS PART HAVE THE MOTOR AND THE BLOWER ASSEMBLY ATTACHED TO IT ?

Customer :

THANKS I WILL USE YOUR GUIDANCE

Matthew :

yeah it's the only way you can buy an inducer. The housing, the motor, the wheel everything comes as one part.

Matthew :

Check out the link I sent you all the pictures are the exact same motor.

Matthew, HVAC Technician
Experience: 14 years experience in the HVAC field of service, installation, Manual J & D calculations