Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a 1999 temp star model NTC6075FBA2 heating system.

Customer Question

I have a 1999 temp star model: NTC6075FBA2 heating system. system is no longer producing heat. there is click when unit is switch on...no blower action at all. gas company verified gar is going to valve. valve is not opening... could it be valve and coil replacement? sensor? or should i think about a new unit since this is over 10 years old. thank you
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Hello when it calls for heat will the vent motor ( draft inducer come on?) If not look at the bottom door for a window with a flashing light inside let me know what you see Richard
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
..I just had somone check vent motor action...it does come on....no light have been located...one hvac person stated it might be gas valve unit that is not opening to light unit...just my opinion. thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Hello ok if the vent motor comes on it may not be closing the pressure switch. So look for the motor and there should be a hose connected to a pressure switch. Take it off and blow through it. Then use a paper clip to clean the ports where the hose connected. Tell me what happens after this. i will look up a spec on it. Richard
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I will perform your directions and let you know what occurs.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did perform test as you instructed...I blew air in hose..nothing came out..also use air to blew in two points on system..I then tried system.nothing new..just blower then no war air..let me know if I forgot something..thank you much.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Hello several ignition or gas valves came with this model. So first take the doors off and look for the gas valve see if you can find any numbers on it. Next look to see if you have hot surface ignition or spark ( do you ever hear it spark or click) let me know and we will go from there. Richard