Billy
Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a goodman GM4950904 gas furnace. the blower is always

I have a goodman GM4950904 gas furnace. the blower is always on, even with the thermostat disconected at the unit. the furnace doesnt fire, it just blow cold air. What is the problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

This means the furnace is most likely locked out on a safety.

Does circuit board have a red blinking light?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, it blinks 6 times, then pauses and repeats
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

Thank you....

Are you familiar with where the burner compartment is?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

Around this burner compartment will be flame roll out switches.

Goodman B1370154 B13701-54 Flame Rollout Switch

press center buttons and see if one clicks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
none clicked
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

Thank you,

there can also be a vent safety switch like the roll out...follow the wires from the roll outs and see if it leads to another snap disc.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I found a total of 4 snap discs. none of them reset
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

Just to make sure of code vs model. Look on the blower door and see what 6 blinks equates to on your version.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
open rollout or open fuse
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

Ok...on right track...look on circuit board for 5 amp blade fuse and see if blown.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the fuse was indeed blown. I replaced it and the unit is working as it should. I didnt see that fuse until I moved some wires around.

Thank you for your help

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

Great..now please note..it is usually a short or bad spot in wire somewhere in the thermostat wiring.furnace wiring if fuse blows during heat.

Thank you for your patience!

Billy

Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience: Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics