BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

Where is the flame sensor on a Carrier 58STA/STX

Where is the flame sensor on a Carrier 58STA/STX?

If there is no flame it will not be the flame sensor...the sensor is located at the left side of the burner...the ignitor at the you see any glow after the exhaust fan starts?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I do not. I hear no gas sound either.

How about a code flashing from circuit board?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok... went up stairs to turn heat on and look for flashing code. Of course the heat, with flame, pops right on.

What would be behaving like this and is there anything I need to do to keep it on and good?

Do you have snow accumulation?

Are the pipes clear outside?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We live in Austin, TX. No snow. Would pipes be on the roof? Where else? Eveything looks clear. It is pretty windy here today? I don't know why that would affect anything.

Thank you....I asked about snow but wind can create the same fault. There is a pressure switch that relies on airflow through the pipes and furnace....if this is interruputed it can fault the unit.

If it happens again look at the circuit board in bottom and write down the blinks.

Then return and let me know.