gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I have a Lennox 10HPB30-3p heat pump. The outside condensor

Customer Question

I have a Lennox 10HPB30-3p heat pump. The outside condensor comes on but the fan does not. There is a contact switch that i can push in to activate the fan motor and it works fine but only if the thermostat is off. When i turn on the thermostat, the contact switch closes by itself but does not activate the fan. Seems to only do this on the coldest nights and only recently. Any chance this could be a simple fix?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 6 years ago.

This sounds like defrost board. The fan motor goes thru contacts on defrost board. Take the two black wires on defrost board. One wire comes from contactor and one to fan motor. Turn power off before you touch wires together and retry unit. If fan runs change defrost board. Russ

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I replaced the dual run capacitor and everything is working fine. Thank you for the input.
Good work and thanks for feedback. Russ