BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I have a CWF-E-20 Combination wood electric furnace and yesterday

I have a CWF-E-20 Combination wood electric furnace and yesterday the blower would not stop coming on and off. The electric was off and there was not enough wood in the furnace to bring the blower on. It would run for 3 or 4 minutes then shut off for a minute then start up again. Today I switched to electric and it seems to be working fine. What would cause this? Is there a temperature control/sensor in the wood box that would control this?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.

You are correct. It has a fan and limit. The fan is heat sensitive action making contact on rise and open on drop. The switch can lose calibration over time. In electric mode the fan is brought on automatically without the presense of heat.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where is the heat sensitive switch? Can I fix this?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cannot open this link. It keeps crashing??
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.

There is very little wiring on this unit. The conduit will bring power into the unit. Then a conduit will go to a rectangle box located at the top of the furnace.....this is the blower/limit control.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I know this. I have checked all the limit switches and the temperature settings are set according to the manual. What I need to know is where the heat sensor is for the fan.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.

Sticking out the back of the switch...