Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

i have a tempstar dc 90 ultra efficiency gas. most of the time

Customer Question

i have a tempstar dc 90 ultra efficiency gas. most of the time it runs great , maybe three to five times a week, it will mess up. this is what it does. the thermostate kick the furnace on, theiginitor light the burners, then the blower motor will not kick on. i have put new heat limit switch on it every year. but still will have the same problem. this has been i feel a malfuntion in it . since i had bought it. it is around 8 years old. the reason i replace the switch. is because that is what the place did the first time they came here. thanks for any help u can give me.for some reason this is not letting me log in to my account. my email is <a href="[email protected]">[email protected]</a> please send answer there./ thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Douglas replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I'm Douglas and I am here to help you resolve problems with your heating and cooling equipment.

The limit switch is not the fan switch.... That is controlled by the main control board which has a timer in it. Can you get me the model number of the furnace?