Richard, Technical Manager
Experience:  27 years of Experience, NATE Certified, professional trainer

Lux Pro thermostat control-has a lock on the LCD. What could

Customer Question

Lux Pro thermostat control-has a lock on the LCD. What could this mean? The home was built in 1985; a few months ago, we had the whole system revamped as far as the ducting that was torn in places. One technician told me the thermostat needs replacing at $250 for his travel, etc. Another technician advised that he should be able to walk us through how to unlock the system, but was not familiar with the LuxPro Heat Pump thermostat. The owner (I am PM) wants me to purchase a thermostat and the TT-Carpenter Contractor install it. I had to draw the line.
Do you think it is the thermostat that needs replacing or could it be some other rather simple solution. I tried to reset the exterior air conditioner but the red button doesn't want to give. The fan of the heater doesn't go on at all.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hello with out a model number i am guessing here. To unlock you may need a code Lux Pro usually uses 1111 as the un lock code. If this will not work and you can not get me the model. Ill give you a little tip here, go to LUXproproducts.com look for thermostat and it will list a bunch of numbers click anyone one of then and it will take you to the pictures see if you can identify which one you have. Then you can download the manual which will tell you how to unlock that model . Or tell me the model and i will research it for you. let me know Thank you Richard
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know if you received this info, but before you advised me to go to the LuxProducts website, I found it on my own and after the Tenant sent me pics of the thermostat, I was able to 2nd guess the thermostat to be LuxPro HP2110 Series Programmable Heat Pump Thermostat. The Tenant and myself cannot figure out how one can put in 1111 to unlock the termostat for the heater and/or fan to work.

According to the instruction manual, it only reads about the program lock which requires next, next, next and hold buttons to be pushed to lock or unlock. Is this one and the same as you were talking about but without the code 1111?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
hello the 1111 code may not work for this thermostat it was a guess since did not know th model. Although i tried to find an HP2110 and was not able to find. Can you post the picture here? if you look on the tool bar there is a picture of a tree this will get you a link to post a picture. Richard
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did what the instructions stated, next, next, next, hold to remove the lock feature.

But, the heat still does not go on. The only thing I can imagine is the termostat is bad. Is that possible - doesn't make sense to me?

We have a technician on their way to the home. He said he can over-ride the system so they can at least get heat this evening. There are 4 children and 2 adults in the home, and although they are lucky they are not living back east, 30 is too cold to be without heat in a home in CA.

Thanks anyway.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hello if you have someone on the way let me know if they cant fix it and we will get you heat. We can by pass the thermostat