M Oglesby
M Oglesby, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Universally Certified HVACR Technician
27079509

I have a coleman furnace and there is a red light blinking

I have a coleman furnace and there is a red light blinking and intermittent buzzing...says that there is a problem with the attic fan. Furnace runs fine though. Is there something that I need to reset or do I need to call a technician?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 3 years ago.

M Oglesby :

What pattern if the light blinking in? 1 blink pause, 2 blink pause, 3 blink pause, etc...?

Customer :

The light is steady green which means it's functioning properly, but there is a box next to that, that has a switch for the fan, "auto" and "off" and also alarm "auto" and "off"

Customer :

sorry, it says FRESH AIR "auto" and "off" and ALARM "auto" and "off"

M Oglesby :

Your original statement says that there is a red light blinking.

M Oglesby :

Is that correct?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

also intermittent buzzing...coming from a little "control board" looks like

M Oglesby :

What pattern is the red light blinking in?

M Oglesby :

The one on the control board.

Customer :

Its just blinking constant...no pattern

Customer :

says right on the board when that happens that there is a problem with the attic fan?

M Oglesby :

Is the attic fan run in series with the furnace?

Customer :

There is no attic fan that I'm aware of because we have no attic, that's why I'm confused I guess.

M Oglesby :

And there are no problems with the furnace heat?

Customer :

Nope it seems to be running just fine...

Customer :

I guess I need a technician to come reset it or turn it off? I've tried finding a reset button but can't find one

M Oglesby :

Yes I would advise you to call a technician out to check it but I don't see a problem.

M Oglesby :

As long as the heat is working fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

Customer :

I don't either, I just need the furnace to run w/out problems because we live in Idaho and it was -10 last night...thank you for your help

M Oglesby :

If the vent was clogged, the burners would not ignite.

M Oglesby :

You are welcome.

Customer :

exactly

M Oglesby :

Please hit ACCEPT so I can be paid for my time. Thanks! XXXXX!!

Customer :

Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX!

M Oglesby, HVAC Technician
Experience: Universally Certified HVACR Technician