Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC

Have old 1920s style floor furnace, how do i light the pilot.

Customer Question

Have old 1920's style floor furnace, how do i light the pilot. Has long metal rods but can't see where the pilot should go.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Mather replied 5 years ago.

Rick Mather :

Off the gas valve will be small aluminum tubing that will lead you to pilot assembly, turn the knob to pilot position then push knob striaght in and light pilot and continuie tohold knob in for a minute or so then turn back to heating position If thermocoulpe is good flame will stay on replace thermocouple if flame dies out

JACUSTOMER-j4i6zlfx- :

Yeah, that just the thing. the heater sits under the floor and I dont see where the line comes in. Maybe it is under the house but I don't remember the gas man having to go under there before. it just sits in a whole in my floor and when I look down there, i don't see a supply tube or gas valve...?

Rick Mather :

Most likely that is where you will find it

JACUSTOMER-j4i6zlfx- :

Rick, I have a man coming to turn it on tonight. Sorry but your answer didn't help me.

Rick Mather : Ok just don't hit accept