Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an arcoaire gas furnace that is flashing error code

Customer Question

I have an arcoaire gas furnace that is flashing error code for control cutout from retry. I replaced the thermostat midsummer and a/c worked fine but now not getting any heat.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  ClimateCreator replied 6 years ago.
Ok so let me get this straight. When you shut it down and turned it back on, nothing happened at all? No try again? Did it keep flashing the same code?

Edited by ClimateCreator on 11/25/2010 at 5:32 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Its been shut down for the summer. Just now gettin it going again for winter. Over the summer replaced old dial type thermostat with honeywell programmable digital unit. A/C worked fine all summer. Used thermostat on manual mode the whole time. I only get flash code light when I push switch for front cover for blower section of unit with door off. It only flashes once and after 15-20 seconds of no more flashes, I let go of switch. It has power to control unit but won't try to fire burner at all. I cant hear gas valve open and igniter definitely isn't trying to ignite. I've shut thermostat and furnace down together then turned furnace back on then thermostat and NO retry at all.
Hi sorry for such a long delay over the holiday. I hope yours was good. About this problem, have you checked the wiring at the thermostat? Maybe you're missing the jumper between RC and RH?