Matthew
Matthew, HVAC Technician
Experience:  14 years experience in the HVAC field of service, installation, Manual J & D calculations
6927568

Where is the pilot light on a Rheem RGAC-080a Furnace I cannot

Where is the pilot light on a Rheem RGAC-080a Furnace? I cannot locate it for my life! Thank you!

Matthew :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you today.

Matthew :

Follow the little copper line and the bigger silver tube line coming off the gas valve they will lead you to the pilot. The little copper line is the thermocouple the silver tube is the pilot tube.

Customer:

But I cannot get to the end of it...it goes inside of part of the furnace...see attached pic:

Customer:

???

Full Size Image

Customer:

You can see that both the copper and silver tubes go inside this metal type box and I cannot find the end of them.

Matthew :

You have to take that cover off the top silver cover it comes off to expose the burners and the pilot.

Matthew :

It's held in by those 2 Phillips head screws.

Customer:

Thank you so much. I'll give that a try.

Matthew :

once you get the pilot exposed and you can't get the flame to stay on you will need a new thermocouple. This is the copper line and it is very common for them to be the reason the pilot went out in the first place.

Customer:

It worked. Everything was fine, I just couldn't locate the pilot light. I got it lit and all is working as it should! Thank you so much!