gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

I have a GIN80AT armstrong air Gas fired furnace and when I

Customer Question

I have a GIN80AT armstrong air Gas fired furnace and when I turn it on I get 4 flashes of the LED and the burner does not light but the fan turns on continuosly regardless of temp setting. The failure code chart shows and open limit switch or limit switch circuit, but where is the limit switch located and is it something that I can do myself or should I get someone out to fix this problem.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 5 years ago.
The limit switch is just above burners. Square abiut 2.5 x 2.5. Two wires coming off of it. Take wires off terminals andput them together. If furnace runs ok bad limit. Do not leave this jumped. This just a test. Replace limit. . This something you can do yourself. Russ

Edited by gotoman for ac on 11/21/2010 at 7:57 PM EST