M Oglesby
M Oglesby, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Universally Certified HVACR Technician
27079509

I REPLACED MY COLEMAN BLOWER PACKAGE WITH NORDYNE MODEL 900759.AC

I REPLACED MY COLEMAN BLOWER PACKAGE WITH NORDYNE MODEL 900759.AC WORKS FINE BUT FAN WILL NOT COME ON ON HEAT SETTING.AUTO NOR MANUAL WILL START THE FAN.HELP!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 3 years ago.
Remove the Thermostat Cover. You should see a R terminal W terminal Y terminal G terminal. Use a piece of wire and jump the R terminal to the W terminal. Let me know if the heat comes on or not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
when i touched the rh and the w the fan came on
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 3 years ago.
Did the heat come on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes but not the fan
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 3 years ago.
Does the fan work in the A/C mode?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 3 years ago.

Go to the Furnace. Try to jumper the R terminal to the W terminal at the furnace and see if the heat and the fan comes on this way?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the furnace comes on but not the fan
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 3 years ago.

First check to see if all of the fan speed connections are tight at the control board. On the control board, one fan speed should go to the heat connection and one fan speed should go to the cool connection. Make sure they are hooked up. (Use wiring Diagram located behind furnace panels if neccesary). If everything is in tact you have a bad control board. The control board is not closing the contacts in the fan relay on a call for heat as it is its job to do. You will need to replace the control Board.

Please hit ACCEPT if you are satisfied with this answer. If not, I will continue to assist you. Thanks! Bonuses and positive feedback are very very much appreciated!!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
IM SORRY I DONT KNOW WHERE THE CONTROLL BOARD IS
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 3 years ago.

The control board is located inside the furnace panels. You will have to remove the furnace panel doors to access it. If you cannot do this, I would have to advise you to call a tech. out at this point.

Please hit ACCEPT so I can be paid for my time. Thanks!!

M Oglesby, HVAC Technician
Experience: Universally Certified HVACR Technician