Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

How do you unlock a Honeywell thermostat My mothers thermostat

Customer Question

How do you unlock the temperature on a Honeywell thermostat? My mother's thermostat will only go to 72. Please Help! My mother is very cold!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! Can you provide the model number of the thermostat?
Have you tried taking the batteries out and turning the power to the furnace off for 30 minutes? This should default it back to original settings and then you will have to set it up again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I've tried taking the batteries out but I did not turn the power to the furnace off.

The model of the thermostat is TH 5110D1022

I found this online...will this reset the settings?

"One can always "Overide" the preset schedules by setting the temp at desired setting and pressing "Hold". If Hold is not pushed after setting temp it will only temporary be set and revert back to the factory or preset scedule at the preset programmed time.

OK to do the reset here is what your looking at but will take you back to a clean slate.

This will reset ALL settings even the heat pump or non heat pump, single stage 2 stage, etc....ALL of them and you will have to start from scratch to set up stat like when you first installed it

Ok to do a reset as follows:

• press and release the "system" and "fan" key at same time
  • press and hold "system" and "down" button until screen goes blank and "0680" appears on screen
  • press the "up" or "down" to change "0680" to "0710", there should be a flashing "0"
  • press "up" or "down" key to change "0" to a "1"
  • press the "done" key"

Will this work for me? If I do this can I then just press the up and down to control the heat?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it'll work but you will have to reprogram all settings into the stat. I take it you have the booklet on this one?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
If not, here's the guide.

click here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When you say I'll need to "reprogram all settings into the stat" what does that mean exactly?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
It means you'll have to set up the "program". In other words the times and setback temps you want throughout the day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If I don't want the times and temps programmed than I can just control it by selecting the up and down keys, right?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
You can just use the up and down arrows and hit the hold button when you set desired temperature.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't mean to sound stupid but where is the "hold" button?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did not get your reply
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
I apologize, I just realized this is a non programmable stat, so there is no hold button. Just use the up and down arrows to set temp. Too many things going on at once! :~(
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is not working....now my heat is off! Oh no!
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
I'll see if someone else can help, I have to leave for a few hours.

Edited by Tim H on 11/16/2010 at 10:08 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's okay. I've called a service technician.

Thanks!

Stacey

Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
good luck