Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Just installed a VISIONPRO IAQ and I am getting a err 89

Customer Question

Just installed a VISIONPRO® IAQ and I am getting a "err 89" code. I used to be a propane service tech so I am not a novice but this thing is getting on my nerves. I disconnected the EIM and have the unit wired directly. Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.

Tim H :

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! An error code "89" comes up as "equipment missing." You may not have everything hooked up or, if so, need to go into the installer menu to make sure you have all the correct settings.

Tim H :

Here is a manual in case you don't have it.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I rewired the unit to include the EIM and the error message is no long appearing, but the unit now reads "heat on," and the furnace is not firing? I went through all the settings and all appears to be correct but still nothing... Could I email some photos of my wiring set up to confirm correctness?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
Yes, that'd be great.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

graphicgraphic
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
I can't tell much from the photos. Can you tell me which wire goes to what on the control? In other words-red wire goes to----, white wire goes to---- and so forth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have ther hot lead (red) at R white at C from boiler--- to tstat is white @ 3 red @ 2 and green at 1. This is a 1 zone system and the jumpers are as is from factory covering RH/RC

tstat is white @ 3 red @ 2 and green @ 1

Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
So you only have on boiler attached to the IAQ and that's the only equipment? Also, double check that the same wires at the module match the stat. It almost looks like red is going to the 3 terminal up at the stat which doesn't match the other end, but then it's hard to tell from the picture.
I noticed you also need to hook up the wire that went up to your old thermostat that started the boiler to W1 on the remote unit to start boiler.

Edited by Tim H on 11/11/2010 at 4:03 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Which wire needs to go W1? So I need to jump it, correct?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
No, on your old stat, you probably had 2 wires, a red supplying 24 volts to the stat and a W going back down to the boiler. That W needs to go to W1 on the IAQ remote unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So it doesn't go to the "C" termical on the remote EIM?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll try your wiring recommendation this evening...
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
No, bring your 24 volts to R and C of the module to power it Then bring the W that used to come from your stat and go to boiler to W1 on the module.

Edited by Tim H on 11/11/2010 at 5:06 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The wiring to trad tstat was only 2 wire red and white...
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
Yes, but you need to power up the module with the Hot and common side of your transformer. I don't know what boiler we're working with here, so I can't envision how it would be wired.But find the Hot (R) from the boiler and common and run two wires over to module. Connect at R and C. Then take the W and run to W1 on module. Remember, we first have to bring power to the IAQ module (with R and common), then link the "thermostat" with the module (which we do with the 3 wires going up to the thermostat), and then finally send a signal from the module to your boiler to fire up (which we do from W1).

Edited by Tim H on 11/11/2010 at 5:25 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
tried it... no go! WTF???
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 years ago.
What is the model of your VisionPro IAQ?