BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

how can I bypass the Goodman B1370735 switchboard to test blower

Customer Question

how can I bypass the Goodman B1370735 switchboard to test blower motor as I have tested the thermostat allready.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.

you need the black wire that comes from the door safety switch......and the black wire from the motor....tape them together so metal touches...then turn power on....this is direct 120v to motor. Tape all exposed metal for this test

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The metal you are talking about is the metal from the wire?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.

Correct...some of the spade terminals are coated in plastic...I had customers touching plastic to plastic so I try to be more specific. If coated in plastic insert a small nail or paper clip in each end of spade receiver and tape.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I do not see a door black wire. Would this be located where I remove the panel to be able to see the control board? In looking at the picture of the Goodman B1370735 it does not look like mine but it does have the number on it.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.

The door switch is what pops out when door comes off.....a wire goes from that switch to the circuit board