Douglas, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Manufacture Rep for Major Brand, Technical Trainer, NATE

I have a Heil air handler model h2b536b3s. The drain pan connection

I have a Heil air handler model h2b536b3s. The drain pan connection is broken and water leaks on the floor. Can this be replaced easily & where can I get the part?

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Douglas replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I'm Douglas and I am here to help you resolve problems with your heating and cooling equipment.

If your air handler is vertical, you can replace the vertical drain pan...CLICK HERE

If your air handler is in a horizontal position you can replace the horizontal drain pan... CLICK HERE

If it's just the pipe coming out of the pan you wouldnt need to replace the drain pan, just the few fittings there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think that the pan they call vertical, even though it's horizontal, is the one I need. However the picture showes one pipe coming out the end & my pan has two. There's no indication of how to change it out, can you supply that info?
Expert:  Douglas replied 5 years ago.
Actually, it's not as easy as you may think. The refrigerant will need to be recovered, the lines cut, the coil pulled out and the drain pan will need to be replaced with the coil out of the air handler. Once that's done, it gets put back in, re-soldered, a new filter/drier will need to be installed in the liquid line, then the refrigerant lines need to be evacuated and then the system can be charged back up.

Unless there is enough flexibility in the soft copper which would be unlikely