Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Heil, model NTC 6100k , i will like to know what is the cfm

Customer Question

Heil, model NTC 6100k , i will like to know what is the cfm capacity of the blower?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 years ago.

Phil :

Hi,This is risky business in the blind, not responsible for damages on your end. Click 'accept' when satisfied.. or we can get another expert.

Phil :

That did not come up in my search,, the CFM capacity should be on the furnace name plate however, thats inside the front cover of the furnace on a side wall usually, just lift the cover off. its probably rated at 0.2" water column.

Phil :

Look that over... in the meantime I will be trying to find some Heil data on it

Phil :

Phil

Customer :

thanks Phil, i will try to finded tomorrow, i wil get bak to you!

Phil :

Hello again, if the CFM is not stated on the furnace name plate, the BTU input and BTU output will be stated.. 80,000 btu's per hour input or something like that,

Phil :

I can sort out the air flow from that pretty much.

Phil :

See you then, Phil

Customer :

HI, PHIL, it is not stated, btu are 100,000

Phil :

100,000 btu furnace will have a two speed motor in it, low speed about 900 cfm, high speed about 1,250 cfm.. thats typical and its close.. you can put 3 tons of AC on it with no problem... 3.5 or 4 tons if you are in a hot and humid climate as in Florida.

Phil :

The ducts will need to be sized for 0.2" water column external static pressure.. thats total resistance through the supply and return air ducts.

Phil :

Let me know if you need more detail on that, Phil