Matthew
Matthew, HVAC Technician
Experience:  14 years experience in the HVAC field of service, installation, Manual J & D calculations
6927568

Hello, Can you give me any information on this Trane Unit with

Hello, Can you give me any information on this Trane Unit with the following numbers, like model and year, etc....Thanks, Todd

TUE1C100A9481AB 4TTB3048A1000BA 8325JAX1G 4TXCC048DC3HCAA
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Matthew replied 3 years ago.

Matthew :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you today.

Matthew :

The TUE1 is a 100,000 BTU furnace single stage multipositional the seris name isXXXXX think

Matthew :

The 4txcc is a 4 ton coil R410A refrigerant

Matthew :

the 4TTB3048 is a 4 ton 13 SEER 410A straight cooling unit. Series name XB-13

Matthew :

Is the 8325jax1g a serial number off of something? I would need the serial numbers to deciefer their year.

Customer :

Thanks Matthew, The only other numbers I have are:4TXCC048DC311CAA or N 9295S4D4F...Good unit or problematic?

Matthew :

1998

Matthew :

No more or less problems then any other piece of equipment. It is more about how they were installed as to what to expect out of them

Customer :

serial number off of furnace is8325JAXIG

Customer :

The A cpil serial number is XXXXX You are sure on the year of manufacture, as it is in a new home We just purchased...Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX accept after you confirm...

Matthew :

The furance is a 2008, the coil looks like a 2009,What was that number you gave me that started with an N?

Matthew :

that threw me because units produced before 2000 used letters at the beggining of the serial number to signify a year.

Matthew :

But then I got to thinking these are 410A refrigerant units and they only started using 410A in the mid 2000's

Matthew :

Your stuff is all made late 2008 early 2009 it appears.

Matthew :

The first number in the serial number of a unit made after 2000 tells you the year. 1,2,3,4... 2001, 2002, 2003,2004

Matthew :

so for the furnace it was made in 2008 on the 32 week 5th day. The coil is 2009 in the 6th week on the 4th day.

Matthew, HVAC Technician
Experience: 14 years experience in the HVAC field of service, installation, Manual J & D calculations