Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Hi my 5A fuse(in the furnise) keep blown after a minute or

Customer Question

Hi my 5A fuse(in the furnise) keep blown after a minute or two when replace a new one. I know it not the Transformer and it not the fan(i pulled the red wire to the fan and fuse was still blown) I pulled off the Tstat and hooked the fan back in and it fine (not going to blown the fuse bc it not running. I also have one problem with the outside unit Starter capacitor it I replace it a few time because it poped feel like it exeeded the power or something. my model is Trane TWE042C14FC0 -388 - LINE 02 so that is a 2002 i think. The outside unit is XR14 I think. for the blown fuse I am going to try to replace the PCB board but do not know what number to use until get home and take it completely off.....but still I do no tknow if that even a problem......sound like something get short or eceeded current......I need more help....
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
Hello I would hold off on a board replacement this is what the fuse protects. You question was a little fuzzy. Did you disconnect the thermostat wires from the furnace board and try to jump R to W? Let me know. Often the problem will be in the low voltage wiring.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you but I solved my problem earlier on the day.......it was my start capacitor fell down on the circuit board outside caused short on board and the terminal of the starter cap lead to fuse blown off for protection of breaking the Transformer.....Thanks anyway maybe next time
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
ok