Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC

Hi, I have an Amtrol wx202 and it seems like the pump is turning

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Amtrol wx202 and it seems like the pump is turning on way too often. The well is 12 yrs old and I have never had a need to do anything with it. I noticed that my sump pump is always running as well. Where the sump discharges on the side of my house is always saturated. I think the pressure of the well is off. Please help.
Thanks Dave
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Mather replied 6 years ago.
The well Trol tank has an air charge that may lost its charge maybe hole in bladder inside tank but you can check air pressure with tire air gauge and its suppose to be a couple of pounds below pressure switch setting. As far as sump pump this should have nothing to do with operation of well and the ground water level is what makes the level go up or down
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
please let me know how to change the pressure for the pump to turn on and then off

There should be pressure switch like the link below

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have viewed this video many times but I need to know what the pressure should be set at. I don't want the pump to run so often. At night when there is no water being used I hear the pump turn on like every 2 minutes.
50 to 60 pounds with differential at 15 to 20