BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have honeywell smart gas valve.... does anyone know what

I have honeywell smart gas valve....
does anyone know what solid green light means?

Is it solid or a gentle pulse that never goes out?...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

no it is solid....the codes say should flash once twice etc or have a heartbeat whatever the hell that is....

no the green light is solid always on it is a model sv9541q I think on a comfortmaker furnace

There is no code for a true solid...

They are all definitive blinks except for normal operation which is bright,dim,bright,dim...it never goes out...just "heart beats" between dim and bright.

See page 17 here - http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell.com/related_links/combustion/universal_smart_valve/install/69_2012.pdf

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have the same print out already....

but it is a solid green ...not fading at all....I have power through the circuit board and obviously to the smart valve....but nothing

So not to discuss solid green light....but I assume the furnace is inactive at the moment and you are troubleshooting?.....and if so, does inducer fan start?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

no furnace does not work

we jumped power to the fan inducer and it will run but furnace does not then kick on

I had my heating guy over and of course honeywells cust . service and

the supply house both closed...

thanks

jim

Ok....dont k now why it isnt in the tech customer manual. but solid light means failed valve...no communication...the valve of course has a circuit board in it and it is not registering any input. Looks like a new gas valve.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thank you

that was my guess

I wish you luck...