gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

Our screen is unresponsive on our Honeywell Vision Pro TH8000

Customer Question

Our screen is unresponsive on our Honeywell Vision Pro TH8000 (TH8320U). I mean completely unresponsive. I've read about the partially and fully locked screens, but don't believe this is the problem. We can't even get into Advanced Settings mode to change the screen lock to unlocked from partial or full lock. What can we do to have the screen work again, is there a way to reset the module? Thank you....
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
gotoman for ac :

Did you push system and then the two blank space either side of center. I have same thermostat. Russ

JACUSTOMER-wg7f5jse- :

Yes, like I said nothing happens when we press "System", I can't even access the Advanced Settings menu to toggle the Screen Lock options (the owners manual says, to access the Advanced Functions, press "system" and then "press and hold the blank center key until the display changes" then you select the Function (0670 for Screen lock) and toggle between 0, 1, and 2 for fully unlocked, partially unlocked, and fully locked.

JACUSTOMER-wg7f5jse- :

I understand all that, but we can't even access the Advanced Functions, when we press System or any buttons or combinations of buttons, nothing happens. Our bottom row is labelled SCHED, HOLD, CLOCK, SCREEN, a blank box, and then CANCEL. Again, the screen doesn't respond to any touch.

gotoman for ac :

Try hitting system once. If five blanks Keys come up . Press the key on either isde of center key for five seconds. Russ

gotoman for ac :

I have the same thermostat. Russ