Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  Retired But have had 30 years on the tools, Ex CORGI
15546140

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO RESET AN ARISTON WRC NSF BOILER PLEASE

Customer Question

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO RESET AN ARISTON WRC NSF BOILER PLEASE?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Ridley replied 6 years ago.
Hi Rick here UK plumber, I do not recognize that boiler model can you give me the gas council number ?? ??? ??, or a model name/number, thanks Rick
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Rick, where do I find this information on the heater?

without knowing the model that is difficult to say, they vary so much, but you should find a pull down panel or a slide out plate on the bottom, failing that try and describe the controls on the boiler and what are the symptoms that need to be reset, Rick
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I live in a downstairs flat and the bathroom in the flat above had a leak and the cupboard where the heater unit is got very wet. I can only imagine that the heater had some cut out mechanism when this happens. there are two thermostat covers which when removed have a red dial that you move manuallly to adjust the temprature. I don't know if this information helps you understand my problem further.

OK that helps, the heater does not have a cut out for getting wet, if water has got into the electrics enough to stop it working then some damage has occurred, does the heater function at all? can you hear the fan? are there any lights on? Rick