gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

my central air is cooling but not taking out the humidity.

my central air is cooling but not taking out the humidity..
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
gotoman for ac :

What is model number of inside unit. Russ

Customer :

it is not an inside unit, its central air..and it was working fine, it still is cooling just not removing the humididty

Customer :

amana 1 ton vccc204c2c

Customer :

hello

gotoman for ac :

You may have to lower fan speed. That will remove more moisture. It will cause the coil to be colder and more water will condense. Russ

Customer :

where do i find the fan speed control

gotoman for ac :

That model number does not come up. Do you have remote for this unit. Russ

Customer :

vcc24c2c

Customer :

sorry Russ there wasnt a 0 in there..its vcc24c2c

Customer :

and no there is no remote unit...I just have a sm ranch home..and my central air is 6 yrs old...

gotoman for ac :

You will have to go into inside unit and change fan speed. You w ill see a fan relay. See if the black high speed wire is attached. Russ

Customer :

found it and yes it is attached

gotoman for ac :

Do you see a blue or red wire close to relay it may be plugged off. Russ

Customer :

yes checked that they are not plugged off..

Customer :

ok Russ my husband just said he adjusted the fan speed...guess we have to wait and see if that works...so frustrating when the temp is 69 but the humidity reads 73 ...cool but sticky lol...thanks for your help and have a great day :)

gotoman for ac :

If youn have a blue wire that comes from fan motor that is med. Speed. Unplug high and plug in blue and see if it helps humidity level. Also if unit is not running long enough it will not remove the humidity. Russ

Customer :

thanks for your help , we appreciate your knowledge :)

gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC