Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

my bryant evolution control thermostat turns off - goes dead

my bryant evolution control thermostat turns off - goes dead occasionally ... 350 series mav heater with variable speed fan; humidifier and bryant two speed puron 598b air conditioner

any ideas? driving mr crazy
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Tim H :

Sounds like a poor connection between the furnace and the control

Customer:

Tim,

Tim H :

yes

Customer:

Tim nothing has changed relative wiring ... i noticed outside at the a/c compressor unit the wiring looked disturbed .. but could not rationalize a problem with the thermostat ... outside of resistance check what would u recommend

Tim H :

I would check all the connections on both ends. Wiring is funny, it can look OK, but you go to touch it or move it and you find a broken off or loose connection.

Customer:

ok if i come up empty can I by a standard digital thermostat to replace the evolution even though I have the integral humidity and variable speed motor or am is stuck in an evolution?

Tim H :

It's meant to go with the board on that furnace. Yes, you're stuck with it.

Tim H :

One thing you can try is to totally cut the power to your furnace for 20-30 min. Then turn back on and let the control reset itself.

Customer:

ok