Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician
Experience:  18 years of experience, NATE Certified, Licensed HVAC Contractor, Certified IAQ Specialist
31091390

HI, I have old carrier system model #40AQ024300BU, serial #5288A14497 Need

Customer Question

HI, I have old carrier system model #40AQ024300BU, serial #5288A14497
Need to replace a coil, can I order that coil? or where can I get it I live in Danvers, MA
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Regan Land replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Regan Land :

The evaporator coil part # XXXXX 315979-751. You can order it online, or if you have a local Carrier distributor you can see if they will sell to the public. Now it's time to decide weather or not replacing a coil in a 22 year old system is worth it. With the phase out of R-22, tax credits, utility rebates, manufacturer rebates, etc, you might want to think about upgrading to a higher efficiency system that uses R-410a refrigerant.

Customer:

Hi, are you sure that this is correct part number for model #40AQ024300Bu

Customer:

serial # XXXXX

Customer:

can you send me a link where I can order it? or phone numbers for local contractors close to Danvers, MA

Regan Land :

Look at the tag on the air handler. As long as the product # XXXXX XXXXX then, yes, that is the correct part # XXXXX the coil.

Regan Land :

Let me find a ling and phone #'s for you

Regan Land :

link*

Customer:

product is 40AQ-024--300BU

Regan Land :

Give them a try as they are the only Authorized Dealer in your area

Customer:

HI, looking at the price, it doesn't really make sence to replace the coil,

Customer:

what system should I purchase for 850 sq. house to get rebates?

Regan Land :

I would look at Lennox, Carrier, and Trane as they're the top 3 in the industry. For the Tax Xredit: As long as the new system is 16+ SEER and 13+ EER for gas or straight electric and 15 SEER+ and 12.5+ EER for heat pumps then it will qualify for 30% of the total price you spend (up to $1,500). You will need to check with your local utility company to see if they're offering any replacement HVAC rebates. You just missed the manufacturer rebates, but some dealers will still offer them as an "instant rebate". Worst case is that you will have to wait until the manufacturer rebates are available in the Fall.