Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Trane XB80 (P.O.S) furnace. A/C quit blowing. Unit outside

Trane XB80 (P.O.S) furnace. A/C quit blowing. Unit outside runs but no blower motor inside. Tried turning the fan from Auto to ON and it still will not come on. Board, Motor, Capicitor???
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Tim H :

I would check for voltage to the motor at the board. Could be the motor. If no voltage at the board, but signal from the stat, then it's the furnace board.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I check for voltage. Which wires and what voltage should I get?
Your answer is rather vague. I'm NOT an HVAC guy so I don't know how to do that!
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 years ago.
If your furnace has a circuit board, check for voltage from the white neutral wire (on the board) to the high speed or cooling terminal. It may be marked COOL. Have the furnace blower set to on. You should have 120 volts AC. If you do not, check on the low voltage strip where the thermostat wire comes in. You should see terminals marked C,R,W, Y, and so forth. Check from C to G with the blower in the on position. You should read 24 volts. If you read 24 volts from C to G, but do not read 120 volts from the white neutral blower wire to COOL, then you have a bad board. If you do read 120 volts, but blower will not come on, you have a bad blower motor.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience: Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.