gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

Hello, I have Nordyne Js5BD-036KB outdoor air unit that is

Hello, I have Nordyne Js5BD-036KB outdoor air unit that is being installed. No wiring schematic was supplied with the unit. There is a L1 and L2 for the power and a ground post. Then there are a pair of wires, yellow and white that look to be 18 gauge, and have the ends trimmed for attaching to what? My thermostat has 5 leads coming out, and they are all 20 to 22 gauge wires. They are yellow, light green, light blue, red and white., there was a panel on the old unit, a Carrier Synergy 2000, that they attached to, with labels C, y2, L R, and Y1. What do we attach the 5 leads from the thermostat to? Thanks for your help.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
gotoman for ac :

The two leads from outside go to C and Y1. The yellow from thermostat attaches to the Y1. The light blue is C Red goes to R. You should have a G terminal on furnace that the light green or G goes to. Russ

Customer:

Russ,

gotoman for ac :

Did not get message.

Customer:

So the yellow in the outside unit attaches to the Y1 in my thermostat harness, and the black outside unit wire attaches to light blue wire wire in my thermostat

Customer:

Yellow to Y1 and black to C and just cap off the rest, right?

Customer:

ok

gotoman for ac :

What color wires are on outside unit. Russ

Customer:

I screwed up, they are yellow and black, not yellow and white as I first described them. Sorry.

gotoman for ac :

Black wire goes to C. (Yellow to Y1 and Yellow from Tstat to Y1) Russ

Customer:

And cap off the others then right?

gotoman for ac :

Do you have G terminal on board. Russ

Customer:

On the thermostat board? I will have to pull it apart to check that out.

gotoman for ac :

Just go ahead and try the cooling the Y terminal should bring on fan. Russ

Customer:

no G terminal, and I will try it out as you described. Thanks Russ!

gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC