gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

What is the difference between the air handlers FE4ANF003 and

What is the difference between the air handlers FE4ANF003 and the FE4ANF005
It is a horizontal in the attic installation
Outside unit is 25HPA636A30
Which would be better and why?
what is the list price difference?
Thanks
Tom
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. The F003 is rated for 2 - 3.5 tons. The F005 is rated from 2.5 - 5 tons capacity.

http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc/groups/public/documents/techlit/fe4a-4pd.pdf

Your outdoor unit is a 3 ton so either air handler should work. The main difference would be the 003 has a slope coil evaporator with a 3 ton txv and the 005 is an a coil type with a 4 ton txv. The 003 has a 3.46 sq. ft face area and the 005 5.93 sq. ft. face area.

I've added a link to the specs for your to compare. They both use a 1/2 hp blower motor. This is about all the info I can provide as, truthfully I'm more of a repair tech than an applications/installer. I'm going to opt out of this question with the hopes that another one of our experts can expand on the info I've listed.

Thanks, Tom

Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 6 years ago.
I have the F003 on my 3 ton Heat pump works very well. The 005 is used for higher seer units. 16 Seer and up. 3.5 to 5 ton. Difference is about 300.00 in price/ Russ
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC