Richard, Technical Manager
Experience:  27 years of Experience, NATE Certified, professional trainer
29828770

Hello, I have a newer heil A/C system, 4ton air handler &

Customer Question

I have a newer heil A/C system, 4ton air handler & 3 ton condenser, I don't believe the two speed system is working, I have move a few wires in the air handler, but still doesn't seem right The unit model #s are as follows,
H4A436GKD200
FVM4X4800A1
I NEED THE CORRECT WIRING FOR EACH PIN/TERMINAL AS FAR AS NORM, SIZE/HP, ALL THOSE I THINK SOMETHING ISN'T QUITE RIGHT
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Richard :

Hello The indoor unit can be used in a two stage but the outdoor unit is a single stage unit. It might have a 2 speed fan What wiring problems do you have is something not working

Customer:

I want the way that the wires should be on the wire terminals of the 3 slide on pins in the air handler

Customer:

I want to know color pin to what terminal

Customer:

also, does the higher the merv rating affect the cooling / air flow?

Customer:

filter

Customer:

brb

Customer:

back

Customer:

are you sure the condenser isnt a 2 stage- DX-1400

Customer:

Rich are you there?

Customer:

ok

Richard :

yes i am here

Customer:

ok

Richard :

This is what I am verifying now

Richard :

I double checked the H4A4 is 14 seer single stage that can go to 16 SEER with the air handler you have the two stage is either a H4A6 16 SEER or H4A8 18 SEER.

Richard :

You air handler should have a thermostat terminal strip with 9 connections labeld with letters.. correct?

Customer:

i beleieve so but not positive

Customer:

colored pin connectors for different app's

Customer:

pins

Customer:

hp, eff, hi, low, ect....

Customer:

yellow jumper wasn't at each end of the block, so i moved that according to the manual, should i have? that's why I need to know where each should go

Customer:

strickly a/c unit, cant answer that im not in the attic, given the info you cant tell me which terminal should be on of the 3?

Richard :

Hello I am having trouble understanding what terminal you mean. If we are hookin up the low voltage there is not a number three. The only three I see is on one of the plugs that should be pre wired. It has a jumper going to pin 4 and another wire going to pin 11 on the board. Or are we talking about the out door unit If i have mis understood I will opt out and see if someone elese can help you.

Customer:

thanks for the time trying

Richard :

No problem I will opt out and another expert will grab it. I do appologize.