BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042
HVAC

Is there a reset button or something on my Carrier Furnace

? The blower keeps... Show More
? The blower keeps running and the furnace wnt heat. I've replaced the thermostat and filter.
Chat Conversation Started
Billy :

Hello, In the blower door is a round viewing window...look in the window and tell me if you see a blinking red light

Billy :

The window is the size of a 50 cent piece

Customer:

it is blinking "13" now, but when I first restart the power it blinks "33".

Billy :

Thank you!..do you mind a hands on test?

Customer:

go ahead

Billy :

With the front door off...and straight ahead on the front wall is a "limit switch". Looks like this- [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]79.08163265306122[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Customer:

I don't see that. Is it ehind the panel with the blinking light?

Customer:

there is a kind of oval shaped object below the blower unit with two red wires running to it.

Billy :

Ok, I was wrong ...for your unit it is a diferent switch....page 3 here - http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc/groups/public/documents/techlit/58st-5pd.pdf

Billy :

yes oval switch!

Billy :

urn power off and tap that switch a couple times...turn power back on...wait 90 seconds and tell me what status light does

Customer:

flashing light is on constant and flame comes on.

Customer:

first it flashed "12" then the above happened.

Billy :

Great, you just got it reset....what happens is if the unit overheats from dirty filter, badblower etc..it trips that switch. When it cools down it is supposed to reset..but yours got stuck. You should be all set now

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX if Lowes will take this thermostat back.

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have much money and I know you just saved us more than we could afford. Thank You so much. Dave