Tom
Tom, HVAC Technician
Experience:  16+yrs HVAC/R service. Residential Commerical Industrial
18550064

I have a 9 year old Trane XB1000 in my house. The Condenser

I have a 9 year old Trane XB1000 in my house. The Condenser fan motor went out. I the trane tech could not get a replacement until next Tuesday due to the holiday weekend. I needed it now, so I had to buy a Emerson 2250 versus the GE MOT8895. I have the motor installed; however the wiring color codes are different, and the new 7mdf 370 Oval Capacitor has 2 connection leads versus the old capacitor has 3 connection leads. how do I wire in the new fan motor?

Ok, we'll work through this, it may take a few questions and answers. It may be easier than you think. How many leads does your new motor have and what colors are they?

Tom

Edited by Tom on 5/29/2010 at 7:49 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
3 ... White .... Black... and Brown The original GE motor had 3 three also... Purple.. Black and Brown

I'm not finding a diagram for that motor. Was there one on the motor?

The old 3 connection capacitor will have to remain in place to run the compressor. Leave the compressor leads and the C lead to main power connected.

Attach the brown lead of the new motor to the new capacitor.

Attach the white lead of the new motor to the other side of new capacitor. (doesn't matter which one goes where.)

Run the black lead in and connect it to the compressor contactor where the old motor connected.

Next you need to run a jumper wire from the C terminal of the old capacitor and connect it to the white lead on the new capacitor. The other option is to connect the white lead of new motor back to the contactor where wire on C terminal comes from.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Tom

Edited by Tom on 5/29/2010 at 8:02 PM EST