Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Im replacing a fan limit switch Heil Model # 1147194 with

Customer Question

I'm replacing a fan limit switch Heil Model #(NNN) NNN-NNNNwith a honeywell L 4064W 1098. There are two yellow leads that connect to the Heil fan limit that don't have a corresponding connection on the honeywell. These connections are not the Line and Load terminals. Thanks Geoff
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 years ago.
There should be 2 leads that go to one side of a fan-limit switch which are 120 volts and start the low speed blower as the furnace heats up. The other side is your limit and controls the low voltage circuit. This side will cut off your gas valve, but still allow the blower to run.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This Heil fan limit switch has Six (6) terminals and the honeywell has four(4) I understand where the line/ load (4) leads go but don't know where the 2 yellow leads go.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 years ago.
Do you have a digital camera where you could take a picture and send? Another alternative is if you have a copy of the wiring diagram, we could work from that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Let me see if I can get a picture for you
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 years ago.
OK, I'll wait for it. Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tim I emailed Heil The Furnace Manufacturer and they sent me a schematic showing the wiring diagram and the deleted two wire configuration. Sorry man you weren't much help. Geoff
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 years ago.
I can only work with the information provided to me since I'm not there. Glad you found what you need.