Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential

On a Nordyne M3RL Series 90+ since November 2007 and a small

Customer Question

On a Nordyne M3RL Series 90+ since November 2007 and a small problem occurred.
When getting the furnace serviced the technician discovered that the pressure does not equal 1 but is slightly below at about point whatever ( I did not get a good look at the guage). The furnace was acting up on start up with clicking too many times to ignite and running a short while, then shutting down and starting right up again, sometimes for three times.
We opened the intake pipe and run a snake down it, with the result of dislodging a bit of bees wax and two bumble bees. There was a little of wax at the pump intake which we removed. Otherwise the furnace was clean since I have periodically vacuumed it out over the last three years.
The technician checked the pressure again with the same results. He could not tell me what was wrong and has not come back for over a week. He also is hard to get a hold of and the only Mobile Home Furnace Technician in this City.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Mark Henley replied 6 years ago.

This is probably a problem win the heat exchanger collector box, he will most likely need to disassemble that and clean it out, other than that it can be a problem with vent motor also, it sounds like your pipes are clear enough for it to work so you have to look at the motor and the exchanger itself.