Heath, HVAC Technician
Experience:  11 yrs. comm.resid. service, Type III Cert.

I have an Electrolux Blizzard air conditioning unit fitted

I have an Electrolux Blizzard air conditioning unit fitted to my motorhome. Everthing seems to operate but it doesnt seem to get cool.Any ideas please
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Heath replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be my pleasure to assist you. The first thing to check is that the compressor is actually coming on as sometimes we hear the fan but the compressor isn't running. If the compressor isn't working the thermostat which is behind the temperature setting dial could be bad. If you remove the front cover and the panel the thermostat is mounted in there should be two wires going to the thermostat if you jump these together with a piece of wire or unbent paper clip the compressor should come on. If you are handy with an electric meter with the power off pull the wires off the thermostat and check to see if the switch ohms out set the meter to ohms and go across the two wire leads on the thermostat with it set to the highest temperature like 10 it should show resistance through the switch.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Compressor is definitely starting up when you turn thermo to cold.
Expert:  Heath replied 6 years ago.
Does the air get cool at all when the compressor runs? It could just need a good coil cleaning specifically the one on the outside. you can use a garden hose and nozzle to blow water through the coil from the outside in as most of the dirt and debris get sucked into the inside of the coil so blowing the water through should push most of the junk out.