THEFIXER1966
THEFIXER1966, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Licensed Gas Fitter & Refrigeration Mechanic
32420036

I am replacing a Honeywell S8600M Ignition Control on a Rheem

I am replacing a Honeywell S8600M Ignition Control on a Rheem Power Vent hot water heater with a Robertshaw HS780 17NL-304A Ignition Control and the wiring terminals are different and I cannot find a cross reference. Can you please explain how to hook it up?
What problems are you havind on wiring. What terminals did the other wires go on old. Russ
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

On old Honeywell control I have 3 wires coming from gas valve marked MV, MV/PV and PV. 24v GND and 24v Hot and spark. On the new Robertshaw HS780 17NL-304A I have L2/neu, IGN x 2, L1/120 all on 120 volt side. Then on 12v side I have GND, Valve and TH. Problem I am having is cross referencing where the wire go on the new ignition control.

I would need the complete Honeywell Module number to be sure but at first glance it appears you are using the wrong module. The designations are MV = Main Valve, PV = Pilot Valve, TH = Thermostat, GND is Ground and so on. The Robertshaw control you are using is for the S89 series Honeywell's.

You need the Robertshaw 780-002 module.

THEFIXER1966, HVAC Technician
Experience: Licensed Gas Fitter & Refrigeration Mechanic