freon
freon, Licensed A/C Contractor
Experience:  22 years Licensed Contractor State of Texas
30813094

I have a customer with a Nordyne Model MGBB-056ABFC-06 gas

Customer Question

I have a customer with a Nordyne Model MGBB-056ABFC-06 gas furnace, pilot keeps blowing out during wind storms, do they make a auto relight kit for this furnace?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  freon replied 4 years ago.

Have you tried to adjusting the pilot flame? You can adjust it higher / stronger if you want.

I will try to locate this unit on line. give me a few!

freon

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I could be wrong but I didn't see a pilot adjustment on this gas valve.

Expert:  freon replied 4 years ago.

Ok,

I now know you have a manufactured home furnace... i am collecting info on it.

It may not have one on this gas valve. How old is this furnace?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Believe mfg date is 96, not positive S/n is MGB9607-09541
Expert:  freon replied 4 years ago.

I'm on the web site but not finding it yet... i can contact someone from the factory if i cant find the specs for your unit... would this be ok if i got back with you tomorrow?

or i can opt out of this question and maybe one of the others can help you tonight. just let me know what you want to do.

freon

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
tomorrow is fine
Expert:  freon replied 4 years ago.
This is a down flow unit correct?
Expert:  freon replied 4 years ago.

Ok Ron,

I will check first thing!

freon

Expert:  freon replied 4 years ago.

Dear Ron,

Here is a picture of your gas valve with the pilot adjustment screw just below the lable. I highly recommend you check the Heat exchanger for rust through, cracks, and holes. Also i would recommed you check the combination flue and combustion air stack for rust through also!

If these check out ok then proceed with the pilot adjustment. You can watch the flame in crease in size and power while turning the screw in... dont forget to put the cap screw back in so that you dont have a gas leak at the valve. Thank you.graphic

Edited by freon on 3/23/2010 at 2:15 PM EST
Expert:  freon replied 4 years ago.

Ron,

Thank you for contacting Just Answers!

If i have answered your question and you are satisfied with my help you may click on the ACCEPT link. Also if i have gone above your expectations you may consider a bonus!Smile We appreciate you! Let me know if you have any other questions!

freon

Expert:  freon replied 4 years ago.

Ron,

Thank you for contacting Just Answers!

freon