gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

Who makes a better boiler for a home heating system - Weil

Who makes a better boiler for a home heating system - Weil McLain or Lochinvar?
The Weil Mclain Ultra series is an exellent boiler. I always look at it as if I were working on the boiler. The boiler is easy to service and parts are readily available. Pretty much trouble free. I lived in Alasks most of my life and service Burnham and Weil McLain. Had one in my home. Never a problem. Just have it serviced once a year. It will give you good service. Rus
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have come across a fair number of complaints online about Weil McLain's reliability, but there seems to also be an indication that these problems are due to improper installation. Do the "reliability" and/or "installation" comments have any validity in your opinion?

What has been your experience with Lochinvar?

Glad to hear you have Alaska experience. When I saw you lived in Alabama, I was a bit concerned as I grew up in Kansas and, while winters are brutal down there, they don't come close, in absolute temperature difference, to what I have experienced for the last 20 years living in Wisconsin.

I have worked on the Lochinvar. It is ok to work on and uses standard parts. There condensing boiler is top of the line. In boilers it comes down to quality of installation and your customer support from your installer. I have seen a 7500.00 installation work better than a 20,000 dollar installation because of quality of the install. I am just more familiar with Mclain and Burnham boilers because they have most of the market. I have worked on maybe two dozen Lockinvar mostly ignition problems but no fault of the boiler. Rus