gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

wiring diagram for old rheem air handler

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 4 years ago.

What is th Model number of air handler and what is the problem with wiring. Rus

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have rheem old heat pump with 4 wire brown blue yellow and purple and old rheem air handler( I think RBHP Series)wher wire colours are brown read purple bk/g bk/w
I mix them som how becouse system just heating on cool and heat mode

Blue does to Reversing valve outside. Red is power Brown is Common Purple and BK/W go together to white from outside and thermostat. green goes to G for fan. Rus

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do you have wiring diagram for this air handler??
From this what I remember there is seqencer,spdt relay and heater wrap insaid the blower
Let me find a site that would let you down load wiring diagram. Give me a moment. Rus
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok
All my rheem diagrams are on dealer web sites. They do not grant access to anyone but dealers. Rus
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do you know any webside where I can got free access??
If I did you would have them. Most of these Manufacturers guard there web sites for dealers only. If we were allowed to contact customers I could easily email it to you or fax you one. But that is one of our restrictions. Let me opt out and let someone else get you one. They may have one in there archives. Rus
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how to wire old rheem (~10 years)heat punp air handler with old rheem heat pump

From thermostat. R Red to Red at air handler and to red outside. C Brown to Brown in air handler to brown outside... Blue or B on thermostat goes to outside blue. G goes to Bk/G on air handler... W on thermosat goes to Blue/White at air handler..Purple on air handler goes to purple outside. Y or yellow on thermostat goes to Yellow outside unit

gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Hello

Here is a link to the wire diagram for a BHP, however if your air handler is 10 years old are you sure it's a BHP? Also, it will make a difference on how many elements you have so if this one wont work let me know the complete model.

90-102268-01-03.pdf

Thank you

If I answered your question please click the accept button