TimVZ26, HVAC Technician
Experience:  6 Years exp. Nate Cert. in Air-to-Air Heat Pumps, Lots of Bryant/Carrier exp.

my goodman furnace keeps restarting continually while trying

my goodman furnace keeps restarting continually while trying to get up to set temperature. It runs for a couple of minutes and then restarts again, runs for a couple of minutes and does it again?? I've jumped out the thermostat and it still happens. Do you have any ideas? Thanks Dave
Category: HVAC
Expert:  TimVZ26 replied 6 years ago.

can you see a fault code that is displayed when it trips?

My first guess is that it is tripping on limit switch, or furnace over heating...have you checked your filter lately?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the only light i see stays on and the filter has been changed a month ago
Expert:  TimVZ26 replied 6 years ago.

ok, when the furnace resets it should flash a code, it might olny flash it once and then go back to being solid, but there should be a code present.

If it isn't a limit switch the other option might be a pressure switch problem.

If it is a 90% eff. furnace, the drain might be plugged, and this would cause your problem to run for a bit and then trip on pressure switch...drain out slowly...relight and then repeat the process

watch the furnace if you could and try to get the code, that is what we need most

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
1" pleated filter dirtier than I thought. Ran unit without filter all O.K. Replaced with 2" pleated works fine. Thanks
Expert:  TimVZ26 replied 6 years ago.

your welcome

please hit accept so I get paid for my time