gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

Trane heat pump model TWA036C400A2 (serial-115MHE4F) flash

Trane heat pump model TWA036C400A2 (serial-115MHE4F) flash code flashes 29-30 times. Unit pulls 7amps and blows 3 amp fuse within 60 seconds of turning on. 24v relay and contactor have been swapped out. Problem still exist. What does code indicate or what is problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 6 years ago.
Let me pull manual get right back. Rus

We need to try some things. First go to thermostat turn fan to on position and see if it run OK . We go to step two. turn on emergency heat and see if unit will run in emergency heat.. If that runs ok. Get back for next step. Rus

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Let me go check these two steps and will get back to you asap.
I will be here. Rus
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The fan ran in "on" postiton and emergency heat for five minutes without blowing fuse.
OK your problem is in outside unit. You have a wire shorted to unit or a bad defrost board. Go outside and check to see if any wires are shorted to unit. The Red and Blue wire are OK or it would have blown a fuse. Check yellow wire at unit for short. You can just disconnect yellow wire at outside unit and put into heat and see if it is ok. If you have an amprobe put it on yellow wire and touch the yellow wire together. If it spikes your meter. The problem is in unit. But check for a shorted wire first inside unit and control wires. Just takes a while. Get back to me Rus
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
still checking wires.
I am impressed. I am not going anywhere, Rus
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Checked wires. Reading 24v on brown thermostat wire. It appears to be grounded. Must meet wife at a 6p.m. meeting. I have to go, however, can I continue discussion tomorrow. Thanks
No problem. I will be here. Rus
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm back. Checked wires from thermostat to blower unit, no short. Checked wires at outside unit and got a reading on yellow, red and blue wire. No reading on brown and orange wire.

Disconnect yellow at outside unit and try heat pump. Rus I will be here for 2 more hours Rus

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I FOUND THE PROBLEM. YELLOW WIRE WAS GROUNDED. THANKS
Thanks for feedback. Rus If you are satisfied with my answer please press accept. I DO NOT get paid unless you do. Good feedback and bonuses are always welcome.