Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC

I have white rogers thermostat model 1F82-261 installed on

Customer Question

I have white rogers thermostat model 1F82-261 installed on my american standard heatpump system. My system has a heat pump, emergency heat back up and cooling.The problem I am having is the themostat is not shutting down the heat pump when it the room reaches temp. The thermostat does however shut down the heat when my stat is set for emergency heat and reaches temp. I live in cleveland the temperatures get low in the winter. I just had the stat installed by a proffesional could the stat be bad, could it be wired wrong or is this just a product of the cold temp. my wiring on the thermostat goes like this
blue to c
red to r
green to g
orange to o/b
yellow to y
white to w
black to e with a jumper wire from w to e
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Mather replied 6 years ago.

Sounds like it is wired wrong and here is installation manual so you can look at wiring and see if you can find whats wrong but if I were you get the guy back and have him fix it right