BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I have a new ritetemp 6022 thermostate that was installed about

I have a new ritetemp 6022 thermostate that was installed about 3 weeks ago. I don't want the EPA program to run as I am home during the day. I have tried the manual mode, some times it works, some times it doesn't . When I try to advance the time slot it will go from morn to day, afternoon, then evening, but won't come back to day. Is there some way to resest the theromostat to eliminate the EPA program and let me set the temp manualy, or is my unit defective.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.

Are you using the "hold" button?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, after I reset the temp seting, the override message comes on and I press hold.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.

To over ride without return to must press
hold" first....then turn to desired temp. This makes it a regular thermostat. To eliminate the EPA schedule you must input a new program.

If you press over ride and then change the temp...and then press will revert back to EPA at next programmed slot.