gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

i have a honeywell R4184D 1027 on a 10 year burner. I want

Customer Question

i have a honeywell R4184D 1027 on a 10 year burner. I want to replace the control unit, what new model should I use? I put on a universal [i thought] R8184G 4009 and it would not work. what model so I need >>
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 4 years ago.
I will research and get right back. Rus

Checked Honeywell site. That is direst replacemant for that module . What problem are you having with unit. Rus

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I want a back up unit just incase . but when I hooked up the 8184g 4009 the burner would not come on. I replaced the 8184d that was on it and it worked fine ??
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

are we e-mailing on just answer or by my local e-mail ??

Let me check one more web site. Rus
Cross reference on four web sites. Still comes up with R8184G4009 as replacement. Does it just not try to fire. Called my HVAC parts store same number. You have checked install manual sometimes you need to add jumper, Rus
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
a Jumper to what / or between what ?
Sometimes on some modules there is jumper for senor if you are not using one. I am looking up your module to check. Rus
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Rus , are we done ?? I could not get any results on the last e-mail ..I hit reply and nothing happened ??
No jumpers on that module. Called service rep and he said that is the most used control on the market. You may just have a bad module. Rus

Edited by gotoman for ac on 2/8/2010 at 11:04 PM EST
Sorry about long reply. On phone to service rep about your module. I did not help with your problem. No pay
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
will a heating supply company like N&S be able to test the unit ??
They should be able to test to see if at least trandformer is working and relays work. Rus
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok Thanks.
Good luck Rus
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In my last e-mail I was told by Russ that he had not answered my question and I did not have to pay the 15.00.... I thanked him and our conversation ended. It was a very confusing exchange. I had trouble replying and I did not know if my answers were on this site or my personal e-mail page...anyway, Russ confirmed that I had the right part and that it was probably defective .It turned out to be defective, so I have no problem paying the 15.00...It's just trying to let you know all this that is the problem..I will hit the accept button on this page...again thanks.
Thanks Rus