Billy
Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

My Comfortmaker furnace keeps blowing cold air and the light

Customer Question

My Comfortmaker furnace keeps blowing cold air and the light is flashing 5 times about a rollout switch what can I do before calling for service cause man it's cold in here!!!!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.

around the flame box area you will see these-

there is a tiny reset button in the center. Press the button to see if it clicks.

Warning though...quite often a popped reset is sign of a bad exchanger and should be looked at by a professional

Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience: Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I see a switch like you say but ther is no reset button in the middle, my unit is probably around 15 years old.
Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.

Do you have a model number? If it is a "roll out" it will have a button.

If it is a blower or limit switch it will not. The blower or limit will be on the front wall....the rollouts are specifically at the sides or top of the flame area

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The model number is; GUI075A012BIN I just took out something that looks like a rollout swithch and cleaned it up a little but that didn't work.
Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't under stand what else you need I clicked on the link and didn't know what I was looking for!

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.

The location of all the rollouts to make sure you located them.

page 21 has the locations of them.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It was the heat exchanger that was cracked!!!
Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.

I see heat exchanger crack = tripped rollout.

I wish you luck and hope all goes well.