Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

My apollo hydroheat system is blowing air, but its not hot

My apollo hydroheat system is blowing air, but it's not hot at all. Room temperature is staying around 55-60 degrees. I still have hot water, and I've tried setting the thermostat to maximum and the water temp to max, but room temp is not changing. There aren't any noticeable leaks anywhere. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomerbr />
It sounds like the circulator (pump) is not working. It could be a bad control or a faulty circulator.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How much would that run me to replace? Where would it be located, is it easily accessible for me to look at?

I also forgot to mention the day before I heard a periodic soft clanking noise, about every 2 minutes. The vent filter was also fairly dirty, but I've replaced it since but to no avail.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.
The circulator is in line in the piping between the water heater and the air handler. Probably looks something like this
graphic

The control that operates this circ in either in the air handler or strapped to the side of the pipe. Could cost several hundred to fix maybe less.

The noise doesn't tell me much
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Anything I can try doing myself with it?
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.
Probably not. This is probably best left to a pro.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, thanks for the help.