Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC
12095340

I have an Armstrong Air Ultra 80 oil furnace. the model #

Customer Question

I have an Armstrong Air Ultra 80 oil furnace. the model # XXXXX XXXXX Seriel #8405A04591. It has a R7184b primary controler. Under the controller is a metal plate that goes on the utility box and this also has on it a Tyco terminal block to land your stat wires on. It looks like this block goes on top of a chip. It also has a little 1" black box that is chattering like crazy. It causes the blower to go on and off will it is running. It does not matter if it has fired or not. This has something to do w/ the limit switch i think. I can not find any pics of this on the internet. I replaced the thermostat,primary control, limit switch, and the soloniod on the purge. This is not on the schmatics. do you no why this is shuting on and off.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Mather replied 4 years ago.

Could you explain from fig 2 in link below what your problem is

http://customer.honeywell.com/techlit/pdf/PackedLit/69-1459.pdf

Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience: 35 years experience, HVAC
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did i little research last nite and feel this part is called a micro processor. If i take a few photos of this would it help?
Yes i would
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience: 35 years experience, HVAC
Don't hit the accept button again they change every time you do
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I guess i just got charged again. If you look at fig 9 it seems this terminal block is called the ENVIRACOM terminal. On this terminal is a relay of some sort that chatters and makes the unit shut down. It is not on the drawing tho.
Ok if you can upload picture maybe it will clear up on my end so I know what your talking about
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont understand how i send photos on this. Do you have an email addresss?
Use the tree icon and follow directions
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont see a tree icon any where
On tool bar for reply's next to you tube
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no tree icon any where
Well there supposed to be a tool bar on your answer box that allows you to upload pictures and alot of other features
Those terminals are for talking between different devices and the normal thermostat connection
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In the box "Reply so we can help you better" there is no tree icon or an icon to browse photos to upload from my computer. I only see "reply" and "accept". How can I find this so I can get a picture to you????? Is there any other way I can contact you? Is there an email I can reach you through my yahoo address. I can upload photos though that. Please let me know.
No they do not allow email and or phone conversation
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just paid $18 for your help. I cannot find the tree icon or any other way to upload a picture to figure out my problem. PLEASE tell me where on the "reply so we can help you better" I can find a way to get pictures to you. If I cannot get a picture to you I would like to have my money refunded so I can go elsewhere for a solution.
Sometimes if a relay is chattering its some type of low voltage problem check connections if they are all tight
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes everything is tight.
I will give you my work email and will look tomorrow richard.mather@covidien.com
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks sent photos
Can't look at until tommorrow morning
Why did you send negitive feedback !!!!!!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I said you were a big help and that I was charged twice.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will resolve this issue w/ your company tomorrow.you wer You were very helpful
I hope so I did not earn that one